Contacting Government Officials

Column image

State Government

  • want to contact or have been contacted by a legislator or state government official;
  • are looking for help with a regulatory or legislative issue; or
  • have research that could be relevant to state policymakers.

Under federal law, the University is required to file quarterly lobbying reports with the Federal Election Commission. This included contacts made by representatives of the University with state legislators and state government officials regarding legislative issues, testimony delivered before a legislative committee as a University representative, and time spent writing and researching testimony, letters or other communications that advocate for a particular legislative position.

In any of these cases, the Office of State Affairs can assist you with strategy and outreach and walk you through any reporting requirements.

Federal Government

For questions about reaching out to members of Congress or federal government officials, please contact Joyce Rechtschaffen, the Director of Government Affairs at [email protected] or 202-220-1362.